Decorating with so much green has been fun for me since this is my first St. Patrick's Day tablescape. My table is featuring my Irish Blessing plate. Here's a look at my table.
My tablecloth is pretty green so no question about the occasion.
I just love the Irish Blessing plate I found recently. The verse is so moving and appropriate.
The pineapple is a symbol for hospitality so all are welcome to my St. Patrick's Day table.
I heard about this place to go shop that had a main store and several small cottages called Cockrell Mercantile Company. It is located on Highway 50 outside of Lee's Summit, MO and is a little hard to find but I loved stopping there and found several of the pieces I am using today.
In the main building of Cockrells, I found the green bubble glasses, the Irish Blessing Plate, green tablecloth, and gold napkin rings.
Then in the Fiesta Cottage, I bought the Shamrock Green Fiesta plates and the Fiesta green vase.
In another cottage at Cockrells, I found the cute lad and lassie glittered box and the shamrock votive candle.
I also found the small sheep that has shamrocks on it at Cockrells.
I'll show you one quick image of my bread rack which I am featuring in another post for St. Patrick's Day. I am using it as a dessert center.
You can see my green Mother In Law's Tongue plant on the left below. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger and even has small white blooms once a year. The green plant on the right is lucky to be alive. It was left outside one winter weekend at school while the floors were being waxed, it is doing pretty good now but maybe that is from the luck of the Irish.
Here's a link to Cockrell's Mercantile Company where you can see and the store and cottages. Yes, it is a country store and cottages, but it is a great place to shop and worth the trip. You will be amazed!
Parties I am linking to:
- The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
- Its Overflowing - Overflowing With Creativity on Sunday
- Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
- Cuisine Kathleen for her 4th Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl on March 13
- A Holiday Haven St. Pat's Party
- Debbie at ReFresh ReStyle for her Tablescape Party on March 15
- Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
- Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
- Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
- Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
- Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursday
- Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
- Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
- Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday